5 Essential Monsoon Skin Care Tips
Have you experienced the feeling of the first rain? When it pours and the drops quench the thirst of the earth? The peculiar aroma of the soil that one may not smell anywhere else but only when it rains for the first time. The first rain is loved; it saves us from the scorching summer, the heat waves.
The fragrance is heavenly, the feeling is heavenly but what looks like a heaven to us is also an actual paradise for the microbes like viruses and bacteria. The puddles, the mud and the stagnant water around are a conduit for the viruses and bacteria.
The pH of normal rain is 5-6 which is slightly acidic but the pH of the first rain descends down to 2-3 which is highly acidic and can cause rashes and burns on your scalp and skin. The humongous amount of chemicals that are discharged by the vehicles and appliances that we use, float in the air and form a blanket which is then washed by the first rain. Hence, the first is always acidic and full of hazardous chemicals that cause harm to your skin.
The skin must find it difficult to endure the harm caused by these harmful chemicals, the microbes, the dirt and not to forget the humid, moist weather of the season. Here are some tips that one must surely keep in mind in this season of monsoon:
1. Scrub! Scrub! Scrub! : When the weather outside is humid and moist your skin cries for help. Such weather can cause your skin to become sticky which attracts dirt, bacteria and other microbes on your skin. It settles deep down into your pores and hence it is necessary to scrub off before it causes acne or any infection on your skin. Scrub at least twice a week to get rid of the toxins and dead skin cells on your skin.
2. Don’t skip sunscreen: Just because it is cloudy outside doesn’t mean your skin is safe from the harmful UV rays. It’s a myth that sunscreens are to be applied in summer only. Sunscreen is something that you need to use even in a cloudy weather because the skin will still absorb the UV rays.
3. Look for these ingredients: Opt for products rich in tea tree oil, lemon, Aloe Vera, Neem for example . The antibacterial properties of these ingredients keeps away the bacteria and viruses in the monsoon season. Also, they sooth the dry skin.
4. Wear light makeup: Heavy makeup, products applied on the skin are like an open invitation to the bacteria and microbes. The products clog the pores which trap the bacteria in the skin and it becomes difficult to get rid of them. Light makeup will enhance your skin and also save you from the future skin problems.
5. Apply a light lotion: A light moisturizer with correct ingredients that will be mild on your skin is a must have product in the monsoon season. A heavy moisturizer will make your skin sticky and oily but a light moisturizer will be a perfect choice. It will not only make your skin soft but it will also prevent it from the moist, cool breeze of the monsoon.
Now that you know what you need to protect your skin in monsoon, you can check out our natural monsoon masters that we think are a must have in your skin care routine.
Follow these expert recommended tips and dance along the breeze of monsoon.Also, here are 5 products from Nyassa that we recommend for Monsoon: 1. Tea tree Face Wash 2. Oceana Face Scrub 3. Handmade Soaps Collection 4. Tea Tree essential Oil 5. Rose and Lychee Face Gel